Taco Soup

I take horrible food shots, so I saved you guys the horror of looking at my soup and got a cartoon from Getty Images :) This recipe is easy to make and easily adaptable to fresh ingredients or whatever you have on hand.


Taco Soup
  • 1 pound ground meat (optional, can be omitted or lessened) $0.00 - $5.00
  • 1 1/2 cups frozen corn - $0.54
  • 1 can tomato sauce - $0.75
  • 1 1/2 cups cooked kidney beans (or 1 can beans, drained and rinsed) - $0.38
  • 3 cups cooked pinto beans (or 2 cans beans, drained and rinsed) - $0.76
  • 2 cans diced tomatoes - $2.00
  • 2 heaping tablespoons taco seasoning - $0.05
  • 2 cups broth/stock (chicken, beef, vegetable) - $0.00
Mix everything together. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer for at least 30 minutes.

See? Is that not easy? Tonight I actually made this soup with no meat and only black beans since I had cooked a bunch for an earlier meal this week and needed to use them or freeze them. The soup still tasted great! I served this with cornbread but you can also serve with tortilla chips or corn tortillas. Cheese is also good sprinkled on top, as well as diced avocado, but that would have cost me more money :)

Total Cost - $4.48 - $9.48 for probably about 6 servings

This is linked to the Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...