- mashed potatoes = shepherd's pie
- meatballs & sauce = meatball subs
- meatloaf = meatloaf sandwiches or "meatballs" for spaghetti
- refried beans = "sauce" for pizza, enchiladas
- fajita filling = topping for pizza (great with above)
- rice = fried rice or rice pudding
- cooked vegetables = quiche or soup
- taco or sloppy joe filling - pasties, taco/sloppy joe cups/muffins *
- chili = chili cups/muffins*, chili mac, tamale pot pie, pasties, chili cheese fries, taco salad, baked potatoes
- pasta = frittata
Reusing leftovers also has a positive environmental impact because it produces less garbage (from the actual food and the packaging). Less garbage means less having to be transported to landfills and dumps (it also means less trash bags for you, which also saves you money!). Less food waste means that you buy less, which reduces the carbon generated from producing, packaging, and transporting the food. So enjoying your leftovers is Green & Thrifty :)
* You make taco/sloppy joe/chili cups by putting biscuits (homemade of course) in muffin tins, pushing down in the middle, then adding filling before baking. You make taco/sloppy joe/chili muffins by making corn muffins and simply adding some filling in before baking.
**This list doesn't include intentional leftovers from meat like whole turkeys, chickens, etc.