Stocking the Freezer




The other kid will be here any day now so I have been in super fast mode trying to get everything that I want cooked or prepped and frozen. I want things to be as easy as possible on those taking care of us and especially on the husband. I also want to ensure that we are still eating as much as possible like normal, i.e. real foods.

I have had a few meals prepped and ready in the freezer for a while now (and I always keep stuff in the freezer for quick meals anyway), but the other week as the kid was running around in the yard playing, I sat on the porch and made a nice long list of what I wanted to accomplish in the kitchen. I showed it to the husband and he thought I was being a little ambitious, but I just want to ensure that we have lots of yummy food to eat, no matter what time of the day.

My list is divided into breakfasts, bread products, main dishes, and desserts (did you not expect me to have desserts?). 

Here is what I wrote on my list:
  • individual pizzas (12)
  • red sauce drops for Mari's Magic Frozen Meals (the husband thought he was cute giving them this name)
  • white sauce drops for Mari's Magic Frozen Meals
  • cabbage casserole
  • enchiladas (2)
  • meatloaf
  • orange dump chicken
  • meatballs
  • tortillas
  • dinner rolls
  • slice and bake cookies
  • chocolate chip cookie dough
  • oatmeal cookie dough
I am crossing off what I have accomplished already and will continue to do so. My list may look long and involved, but I assure you that it is not taking too long at all! If there are not recipes posted or linked, I will work to get them all posted. I am super excited to have so much real and tasty food going into my freezer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...