|dirty diapers soaking in the tub|
I go to get my camera and the kid decides they need a couple toys
Today was washing day! I went by the basic instructions on Zany Zebra about how to wash in the bathtub.
- Step 1: Plug the sink or tub drain and add about 1/8 to 1/4 cup of detergent.
- Step 2: Add water as hot as you can stand, being sure to leave room for the cloth diapers to move freely. I added water until it just got over the top of the diapers.
- Step 3: Add the diapers and swish until they're all wet and soapy. At this point you could let them soak if you wish. I let them soak for probably 30-45 minutes.
- Step 4: Knead the diapers with your hands like you're kneading bread for several minutes (rubber gloves makes this less icky).
- Step 5: Unplug the sink or tub and let the water drain out.
- Step 6: Rinse the diapers under hot or warm running water until the water is clear. This seems a little wasteful but it does not take long for the detergent to rinse out since the diapers are so thin.
- Step 7: Wring out your diapers and place in the dryer or hang to dry. Wring, wring, wring. Then wring some more.
the toilet so this is what I do.