Garlic-Onion Muffins

I decided about an hour before I needed to have dinner on the table that I wanted bread to go with it. An hour doesn't really leave enough time to do anything with yeast so I decided that some kind of muffin might work. So I set out in search of a "dinner muffin" and landed on this. It looked easy enough to whip up and I had everything on hand (having basic baking supplies stocked comes in handy!) I made a few changes but they turned out delicious. So good that I had to stop myself from eating more...I froze half of them in a plastic bag just so I wouldn't devour them all (see freezer cooking can be easy!). The only change I would make next time is to omit the sugar or at least cut it in half (why I didn't do this anyway since I never use the full amount is beyond me). This and the changes I made are reflected below.
image credit


Garlic-Onion Muffins



  • 2 cups flour

  • 3 tsp baking powder

  • 1 tsp salt

  • 1 tbsp sugar (optional)

  •  2 tsp onion powder 

  • 1 egg, beaten

  • 1 cup milk

  • 1/4 cup melted butter

  • 2 garlic cloves, minced

    1. Heat oven to 400°F.
    2. In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, onion powder, and sugar.
    3. In a small bowl, mix together egg, milk,and garlic.
    4. Make a well in the center of dry ingredients and pour in the egg mixture and melted butter.
    5. Mix together using as few strokes as possible.
    6. DO NOT OVER BEAT--the batter should have small lumps in it.
    7. Pour into 12 paper-lined muffins tins, filling about 2/3 full.
    8. Bake 20 minutes or until muffins begin to turn golden on top.

    This is a thick batter but do not worry, they do spread out a little and bake up light and fluffy!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...