- 1 cup dry lentils
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup coconut milk (I actually use coconut cream concentrate and water)
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce (can omit)
- 1 heaping tbsp curry powder
- dash onion powder
- dash garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger (feel free to use fresh if you have it)
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- Combine all ingredients except lentils and cornstarch in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Add lentils, return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- When lentils are done, remove 1/4 cup (or so) of liquid and mix in the cornstarch. Carefully mix this back in with the lentils. This gives the lentils a nice sauce to serve over a bed of (brown) rice.