Fajita Pizza

Call this Mexican pizza, fajita pizza, Tex-Mex pizza, whatever you like. I just call it yummy. I haven't made this in a while but figured that since I was cooking up black beans for burgers this week I might as well put this pizza on the menu. As with any pizza it is easy to accommodate to your tastes and what you have in the house. I used ingredients I had on hand and urge you to do the same.

Fajita Pizza

pizza crust
3/4 - 1 cup refried beans or bean topping (recipe below)
shredded cheddar cheese (you do not need much at all if you want to cut back to save $$)
2 bell peppers, sliced
1/2 onion, sliced


1. Saute bell peppers and onions until soft.
2. Prepare crust. Prebake for 2-3 minutes.
3. Spread beans on crust. Add sauteed vegetables and shredded cheese.
4. Bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and crust is golden.




Bean Topping


1 1/2 cups black beans (or 1 can drained and rinsed)
2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp chili powder
2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes


Mash beans (make as smooth or rough as you like) and add rest of ingredients, mixing to combine. Add a little water if the consistency is not spreadable (you do NOT want it thin, though).

I forgot how filling this is! After one piece I was already starting to get full (not that that kept me from eating two more...). This is a great meatless meal I would gladly eat everyday. But then again I really like pizza in any form...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...