Spinach White Bean Balls

These little balls are easy and fast to make and contain very few ingredients. Yet they are delicious! Of course, I make that claim on my own as the husband was not home for dinner and the kid, well, the kid wasn't going to get anywhere near these things. He is rather leery of the color green (he does eat peas, green beans, and broccoli, but of course only when he feels like it...he has food moods just like his mother).



Spinach White Bean Balls

1 1/2 cups white beans (or 1 can drained and rinsed)
10 oz frozen spinach thawed and drained
1/3 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
1 tbsp italian seasoning
coconut or olive oil for pan

  1. Add thin coating of oil to a pan and preheat over medium heat on stove.
  2. Mix ingredients together, using a fork (or your hands!) to mash the beans. A few whole beans are fine.
  3. Roll mixture into 1 inch balls and place in pan.
  4. Brown all over, about 2-3 minutes per "side."

I served this over pasta with marinara sauce (in theory this would have been a meatless meal but if you will look closely you can see chunks of ground beef since I used leftover meat sauce from a few days ago) and sauteed carrots. I got about 24 balls out of this mixture, which makes four good portions (six of these with pasta filled me up!). I may add an egg next time I make these so that they may be a little tougher but they held together really well so it is not necessary at all. The seasonings can obviously be mixed up as well but I liked the simplicity of these tonight. Remember I like simple recipes and ones that can be easily changed around.

If you try these, let me know what you think!

This post is linked to Kelly the Kitchen Kop’s Real Food Wednesday blog carnival and the GCC Recipe Swap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...