Salmon Patties


If I had to make a list of my all time favorite meals, this one would be right up there near the top. It is so simple, but I have always loved salmon patties! They are just so comforting. I would request it for my birthday dinner, when I came home from college, and it was even the meal I requested the first time the husband cooked for me (who of course called his very southern grandmother to tell him how to do it).

Another reason I like salmon patties, at least when it comes to me making them, is that they are so easy and cheap! And as we all know, those are the meals I like best!

Salmon Patties
  • 1 can pink salmon, drained
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 cup cornmeal
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • salt & pepper to taste
1.Mix all ingredients together and form into 8 patties.
2.Heat oil in pan and cook until golden brown. Each side should take about 5-7 minutes.
These must always be served with the same thing : macaroni and cheese and green beans. And if I still did artificial food colorings I would be serving grape Kool Aid on the side :)

yes, that is broccoli in the background - this picture is from another time I made these :)

2 comments:

  1. I loved salmon patties as a child. I tried to make them once a few years ago and it didn't go so well. The can with the whole fish (skin, bones, etc.) made me nauseous and I couldn't get past it. Silly, I know. Is there a particular brand you use? I would really like to try again as our family doesn't eat enough fish.

    52babysteps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, the skin and bones don't bother me. I take out the big bones but leave the rest in there to get mixed in (more calcium). I believe you can buy them without the skin and bones though. You can also flake up whole filets of cooked salmon (though that of course can get pricy unless they are on a really good sale). I don't have a particular brand I like though. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...