Cornbread Pancakes

We ALWAYS have cornbread when we have blackeyed peas around here. It is a rule. A rule that I was not about to break even with an unusable oven. So I then remembered that I can make cornbread in the form of pancakes! Seriously, there is nothing complicated about this and I may start doing it like this more often (though we'll see what the Husband says).

yeah, the best picture I could get with a toddler trying to snatch the camera


Cornbread Pancakes

  • cornbread batter *
  • skillet (cast iron is preferable)

Drop about 1/4 cup batter onto hot skillet (greased if not cast iron) and let cook 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook 1-2 minutes more until both sides are golden brown. Enjoy with side of beans or slathered in butter and honey.


I know a lot of people have their favorite cornbread recipe, but I will include mine. It is my favorite simply because it is ridiculously easy. 
  • 1 cup cornmeal
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 - 1 cup milk or buttermilk
Combine all ingredients and bake in a cast iron skillet at 400 for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...