I finally did it

I will admit that I LOVE Kraft Zesty Italian Salad Dressing. Nothing but Kraft will do. I had wanted to try my hand at homemade dressing for awhile but after looking at about a bazillion recipes, it all seemed too hard to get right. Actually I did make homemade dressing once in college. It was a Rachael Ray recipe and was pretty much oil and lime juice. I wasn't a fan. So that ended my homemade-dressing-making career.


But in my efforts to eat healthier and save money (though I never spent much on it because of coupons), I decided I would finally start making my own salad dressing.  And you know what? It wasn't hard at all. I think it took me all of two minutes to mix up. And it actually tasted pretty good. The hubby said it was better than the Zesty Italian. The recipe is a mix of several based on what I had on hand. Most recipes call for some kind of mustard, but I am not a fan so I left it out.


Italian Dressing

5 tbsp white vinegar

1/2 c olive oil

1/4 c water

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp pepper

2 garlic cloves, minced

generous pinch of: sugar, basil, thyme, oregano

1. Add all ingredients together and mix or shake.

2. Add to favorite salad or use as a marinade.

*It can be refrigerated in an airtight container up to a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...